Meratol, what is it about this weight loss supplement that has got the media, TV and even celebrities raving on about it? Another miracle wonder pill trying to muscle in on the ever burgeoning fat burner weight loss market? the result of ingenious marketing?or a real genuine product that delivers what it promises? Let’s hope it stands up to scrutiny.
So what exactly is Meratol?
Meratol is a multi action diet pill that claims to help consumers lose weight in 4 different ways:
- Burn More Calories
- Increased Metabolism
- Reduce Calorie Intake
- Block Carbohydrate
It is currently experiencing phenomenal success in Europe, especially in Germany where consumers have been snapping it up. Developed by Advance Health who also produce the clinically proven and equally top selling fat burner Capsiplex, Meratol went on to become one of the best selling diet pills in Europe in 2011, a mean feat itself in the ultra competitive weight loss market when you consider the fact that it only made its debut in December 2010.
The month of March 2013 alone sparked record sales for Meratol, selling in excess of over 25,000 bottles when it was revealed Hollywood A-listers George Clooney and Leonardo Dicaprio were fans. And according the the Daily Express, female A-listers Courtney Cox and Eva Longoria were also users of Meratol which no doubt contributed to the 100,000 bottles sold in the US when it was launched there.
- Helps To Increase Your Metabolism
- Helps To Increase Your Energy Levels
- Helps To Increase Your Attention and Alertness
- Helps To Reduce Your Fatigue
- Can Help Block Carbohydrate Intake
- Complimentary Fast Track Diet plan
- 100% Natural Ingredients
- Money Back Guarantee
- International Shipping
- Low Cost
Meratol Quick Facts
- Endorsed by Lauren Goodger from TOWIE
- Sold over 25,000 in 2 months
- Celebrity following
- Featured on Daily Mail, GMTV, Daily Express, Day Break
- Top selling product in Germany
- Top selling diet pill in the UK 2011
Sounds good, but how does it work?
Being such an in demand product, it’s quite refreshing to see that it uses 100% natural ingredients as opposed to the man made stuff other diet pills use on the market. However that doesn’t make this any less of an effective product, on the contrary, it is the specific ingredients that make Meratol so potent.
- Capsimax plus blend (Capsicum Extract): This is one of the main ingredients found in some, if not all of the top fat burner brands on the market.Otherwise known as capsicum extract, it is derived from hot chilli peppers. Recent clinical studies proved that it could boost the metabolism rate by up to 25x therefore accelerating the calorie burn rate.
- Cacti Nea powder (Cactus Fruit Extract): Extracted from the Cactus fruit which makes it a 100% natural ingredient. The extract is also clinically proven to have antioxidant and anti-water retention properties. At the end of a 4 week trial where subjects took Cacti Nea everyday, tests showed they had significantly reduced water retention levels, limited fat mass gains and improved weight loss therefore ensuring a new slimmer body shape. At the same time it also proved its effectiveness in alleviating swollen limbs.
- Ascophyllum nodosum (Brown Seaweed Extract): Another natural ingredient which is rich in antioxidant and minerals. Usually found in the sea, it was discovered during clinical studies that seaweed, specifically the brown variety contained a compound called Fucoxanthin which helped promote weight loss by reducing the accumulation of fat. Fucoxanthin is the brownish pigment which gives brown seaweed its characteristic colour and at the same time conducts photosynthesis
- Nopal (Prickly Pear Extract): A native of Mexico and belonging to the Cactus plant family, the prickly pear has a number of notable medicinal uses including diabetes, high cholesterol and weight loss. Due to its high content of fibre it is highly effective in regulating your appetite and reducing your fat by helping your body to break down and excrete the fat. The amino acids can also help with an energy boost and help reduce fatigue.
- Caffeine: Commonly found in coffee and drunk by 90% of Americans everyday on their way to work. A natural component of chocolate and found in a plethora of diet pills, caffeine helps stimulates the central nervous system which in turn helps keep you more alert as well as giving you that extra energy boost.
- Medicago Sativa L: Found in most countries, Medicago Sativa is also known as Lucerne or Alfafa. It is generally used as forage crop for livestock, however it is also has a wide variety of medicinal uses such as lowering cholesterol, regulating the female hormones , relieving arthritis and aiding in poor indigestion. Additionally, it is also rich in protein and fibre therefore making widely used in diet pills as an energy booster. It is also very low in calories, with each serving of 33mg containing only 8 calories.
A number of these ingredients can also be found as a standalone supplement such as Prickly Pear and Nopal, So it seems a logical move by Meratol to combine all these together to create an all in one pill that should:
- Increase your metabolism
- Increases energy levels
- Decreased levels of fatigue
- Increased attention span and alertness
It is advisable to consult a doctor before taking Meratol if you are taking any medication or suffering from any medical condition. Also, do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Ok, Sounds good…..but how do i use it? why would I use it?
Meratol is predominantly a food supplement to help aid in weight loss. It is designed to be taken as part of a healthy diet and exercise regime and therefore should be taken in conjunction with a healthy diet plan and exercise regime to achieve the best results.
It is ideal for people that are looking to lose weight and need that bit of extra bit of Oomph when dieting. As Meratol uses all natural ingredients it is available OTC(Over The Counter) without prescription, however as always is the case with diet pills and food supplements, it is advisable to consult your GP if you are taking any medication or have a medical condition prior to taking Meratol.
Consumers should avoid taking Meratol if:
- You Are Pregnant
- You Are Breastfeeding
- You Are A Vegeterian or Vegan (Contains a Gelatin Shell)
- You Have A Heart Condition(Consult Your GP )
- You Are Taking Medication
- You Have A Medical Condition
Each bottle of Meratol comes with 60 capsules with 2 to be taken each morning, ideally before breakfast. As previously mentioned, it should be taken as part of a diet and exercise plan as this will ensure you get the most benefits out of it.
As an added incentive, Meratol has also included with each order a Fast Track Formula Diet Plan written by a Professor of Medicine, Dr. Alfred Hasselbacher. The diet plan was created after a recent study conducted by Dr Hasselbacher on alternative-day calorie restriction led him to the conclusion that a person’s lifestyle change can offer many benefits including weight loss, increased lifespan and lowered risk of disease.
So why would you use Meratol?
With that all being said, let’s have a look at some of the reason why you would use Meratol.
- Helps Increase Metabolism: Let’s face it, not everyone is made the same and it’s generally people with a low metabolic rate that tends to struggle to shift that extra poundage. Meratol could help
- Increase Energy Levels: Dieting is hard, not to mention energy sapping, epesciually if your’re dieting and exercising. Meratol can help with that extra boost of energy when needed
- Reduced Fatigue:what goes hand in hand with reduced energy levels? thats right fatigue, Meratol can help reduce that fatigue, giving you the endurance to go on longer
- Helps Increase Alertness and Attention:Dieting without focus is an uphill struggle, it’s like trying to lose weight with an ever constant juicy doughnut dangling in your face saying eat me, eat me. Meratol can help you focus, stay alert and keep your attention on that one goal………losing weight
Meratol definitely seems to be a good product, however it can only do so much. As I mentioned previously, this weight loss food supplement is only able to reach its maximum potential if it’s taken as part of a diet plan and exercise regime, but with that in mind let’s have a quick re-cap on some of the good points of Meratol and how it can help with your weight loss:
- Increase your metoblic rate
- Increase energy levels
- Increases focus and alertness
- Helps reduce fatigue
- 100% natural products
- No known side effects
- Top selling diet pill of 2011 UK
- Top selling diet pill in Germany 2013
- Helps with blocking carbohydrate intake
- Appetite suppressant
- Helps in burning more calories
- Seen on TV i.e. Day Break, GMTV
- Covered by national newspapers such as Daily Express and Daily Mail
- Has a celebrity following
- International Shipping
- Manufactured by the same company that produces Capsiplex
- Fast Track Formula diet plan by Dr Alfred Hasselbacher included
- Less than £1.20 day(at one months supply)
- 100% legitimate product
- 24hr order hotline
- No prescription required
- Positive results from genuine customers
- 7 day money back guarantee*
Note: Customer service seems to be on point. On the site it claims a 24hr support with emails replied within 24hrs. On 3 occasions I emailed for support and was replied back to within 12hrs, so definitely ahead of schedule. I did try the phone number given for support but was told it was for sales only and was told to email instead for support.
Unfortunately, the internet is awash with affiliates sites promoting Meratol, so trying to find some bad reviews took abit of work, however I did manage to track down a few genuine bad reviews from consumers who had used Meratol.
The main problems were:
- Upset stomach
- Feeling nauseous
- Minor appetite suppression
The other main complaint was that Meratol simply didn’t work, however the reviews did not indicate whether they had taken it in conjunction with a diet plan or if they simply just took it and expected a miracle. One reviewer claimed Meratol didn’t work, even though they had lost 10lbs in 2 weeks!!
Having said that, those negative reviews were really in the minority and for every one bad review I came across, ten good reviews followed. Also bare in mind that competitors are known for starting smear campaigns, so take each bad review you do see with a pinch of salt and do your own due diligence when deciding to buy.
However, apart from the few bad reviews, there really wasn’t any more bad points I could find about Meratol, so the following would more be gripes if anything:
- Telephone Support: Email support is fine, but sometimes you just want to speak to someone about the product, it’s good to talk to you know(sorry, I had to get that line in there) ..
- Not Suitable For Vegans/Vegetarians: Unfortunately the capsule has a gelatin shell which is derived from animal by products.
- Delivery Charge: Yes, there is a charge for delivering the product, however it is minuscule and can be negated if multiple bottles are bought at once
- Celebrity Endorsement: There seems to be too much of a reliance on celebrity endorsements. Personally, I only care if a product works or not, not which celebrity is using it.
Meratol has certainly proven to be a popular product. The countless glowing reviews, the media coverage of the product and the celebrity following in its very short few years is testament to that. With over 25,000 sold within the month of march/feb of 2103 alone, Meratol seems to have made a huge impact in the weight loss market in Europe, especially in Germany where the product has literally been flying off the shelves.
However……it is still somewhat lagging behind its far more superior stable mate Capsiplex.
As such, it would be interesting to see further down the line if the patented beadlet capsule of Capsiplex is also incorporated into Meratol. That would certainly address the current problems a few consumers have experienced such as upset stomachs and indigestion.
Nevertheless, Meratol does what it says on the tin, albeit with a few hiccups. There is still room for improvement, but I have no doubt that the company behind Meratol, Advance Health, will do its best to iron out the small issues so it can become a polished and finished product like its more successful stablemate Capsiplex.